Know Your TAN Application Status Online. Track TAN Status online from official website tin.tin.nsdl.com. Search Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number.
Know your TAN Number in simple and easy steps with us from tin-nsdl portal. Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number which generally known as TAN Number is a 10 Digit number (Alphanumeric). It is compulsory to apply for any person who is requires collecting the tax or deducting tax on payment made by them. It comes under the Income-tax Act 1961
Track your TAN Application Status – Status Track search for PAN
If you have already applied for the TAN Number and don’t know what is the current status of your Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number. Don’t worry, you are at right place. We will help you to know your TAN status online. Generally, Income tax department takes 25 to 30 days to process your application and to generate your TAN Number.
An applicant can check their TIN Status online from the official website tin.tin.nsdl.com. Applicant has to enter Application type and enter acknowledgment number. Along with that one has to enter registered mobile number and date of birth. After filling all the required details you will get current TAN Status online. An applicant can also check their PAN Number details in the same portal. Your application can be delayed due to various reasons, which will show you on the NSDL site itself. If you have also applied for permanent Account number then you can know your PAN status here.
Know Your TAN – Income Tax e-filing
TAN Number is used for deduction in salary, dividend, interest, and in other financial transaction. Any person, who is in the criteria set by the Income tax department have to Apply for TAN Number online. Apart from that companies can apply to for the TAN Number. The process of checking company TAN Number is the same as personal. For the company, they have to enter a date of Incorporation in the place of date of birth. One can Track Tan status online as well as offline. We have given complete guide below.
How to apply for TAN Number?
Any person who is paying salary or commission has to apply for the TAN Number. Companies and other body have to apply for the Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number too. One can apply online as well as offline. We are giving both the details below for your convince.
- For the online application, an applicant has to visit the official website of www.tin-nsdl.com.
- In the website, there will be Tab called TAN number. Click on that and you will find Apply for New TAN.
- New window will open for the Online Application for TAN (Form 49B)
- Read all the guidelines given in the form.
- You have to fill all the details asked in Online Application for TAN (Form 49B) the NSDL website.
- Once you are done with all the details, they will ask for the confirmation.
- Upon successful confirmation, NSDL will generate an acknowledgment.
- Applicant has to Pay 63 Rs either online or offline via credit card/debit card/DD/ Cheque
- Applicant has to find TIN Facilitation Center, which is near to you.
- You have to get from 49B application for TAN.
- After filling the form, you have to submit the form at your nearest TIN Facilitation Center.
- Along with the application form, you have to pay 63 RS either in DD, Cheque or cash as application fees.
- Pl. note that there is no need to attach any document along with Application form 49.
How to Track TAN Application Status Offline
You can also track your TAN Application status via offline mode by calling on the 022-27218080. They will ask the details such as your name DOB and 15 digit application numbers or you can send SMS to 57575 and write in the SMS as below
NSDLTAN SPACE 15 Digit Acknowledgement Number
How to Track TAN Application Status Online
- Applicant has to open official website of TIN NSDL
- To open official website Click here
- There will TAB called Application Type, Click on that and Select: TAN”
- In the second box, you have to enter acknowledgment number.
- (Acknowledgment number will be of 15 Digit)
- Enter your Surname, First Name, and Middle Name
- If you are Person then you have to enter DOB
- If you are company or partnership firm then enter Incorporation/
- Agreement/Partnership or Trust Deed/Formation of Body of Individuals/Association of Persons
- Submit the same and your TAN Application status will be there on the screen.
- Take print out and save it for future reference.
Know Your TAN online
- To know you’re TAN Status, open incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- To check Know your TAN Click Here
- Select TAN and Select category of Deductor
- Select the State
- Enter the name
- Enter captcha and search.
- Your TAN status will be there on your screen.